Thursday, December 16, 2010

Money, Money, Money

Today, I have a confession to make, I am TERRIBLE with money. I have had plenty of money in my later life, but I have done one of two things with it, generally. I have spent it foolishly and impulsively on myself, or I have spent over generously on those I love. My second marriage broken up (finally) over the issue of my debts.

I am sincerely hoping that I will learn, even at this stage of life, to be wise in my spending, to realize I cannot buy love from others by giving them things or loaning money unwisely, to buy only things I need and not impulsively buy things I want on a whim.

This is a short post, but an important lesson that I would like to pass on to my daughter and granddaughters, and whoever comes after me. Money is not the most important thing in life. It can make life easier, but only if you use it wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment